Your Cart is Currently Empty
How To Clean Your Air Fryer
You can cook almost anything in air fryers, like this Comfee Air Fryer, so it is no wonder that you use it as often as you do. However, you should maintain your appliance so it stays in good working order for as long as possible, and part of this maintenance should involve cleaning it thoroughly on a regular basis. Here are some tips to help you keep your air fryer clean.
How Often Should You Clean It?
You should give your air fryer a basic cleaning every time you use it; otherwise, food will be left behind and this will affect how the next meal you use it for will taste. Take out the basket, tray, and pan and wash these separately in your sink or dishwasher. Clean the interior thoroughly using a damp cloth. You should then dry all the parts carefully before you reassemble. After every few uses, you should deep clean your air fryer.
How To Deep Clean Your Air Fryer
Here are some step-by-step instructions on how to deep clean your air fryer:
1) Unplug the air fryer and allow it to cool for 30 minutes. It is important that the electrical components on this appliance don’t come into direct contact with water, so do not submerge it as this will stop it from working and may give you an electric shock.
2) Take out the basket and pan and wash them thoroughly. If any of these detachable parts have baked-on grease or food, it is best to soak them in soapy water for about ten minutes before you clean it as this will make it easier to remove.
3) Wipe down the interior of the air fryer using a damp, non-abrasive sponge.
4) Turn the appliance upside down to clean the heating element using your damp sponge.
5) Use a damp sponge to wipe down the exterior of your air fryer.
6) If there is grease or food baked on the inside of your fryer, put some baking soda or vinegar on your damp sponge and use this to clean the inside of your air fryer.
7) Make sure you have dried all the removable parts well before you reassemble to keep your appliance in good working order.
What Should You Use to Clean Your Air Fryer?
It is important not to use products that are harmful to digest when you clean the inside of your fryer as these could cause you to be ill the next time you use it to cook. You can use an all-purpose cleaner to clean the outside of the fryer, but make sure this doesn’t get inside.
There are three great cleaning products you can use:
Mild Soap and Water - If you are going to use a soap solution, make sure it is a mild one. Liquid dish soap can be used for this purpose as it is not harmful; after all, you clean your plates and cutlery with it. Some air fryers, such as this JoooDeee Air Fryer, even have dishwasher safe baskets.
Vinegar and Water - Vinegar is a great cleaning solution for the whole kitchen, but it is often overlooked in favor of more modern chemical kitchen cleaners. The best way to use vinegar is by mixing it using 3 parts water to one part vinegar. For example, if you use a cup of water for cleaning, fill 1/3 of a cup with vinegar and add the two liquids together. Pour this into a spray bottle and spritz the parts of the air fryer you want to clean.
Baking Soda - This is a great solution for getting rid of those stubborn stains. If your moveable parts are really mucky, you can soak them in a solution of water and baking soda for a few minutes before you scrub. This should remove even the most stubborn stains. To clean the inside of your fryer, mix enough water and baking soda together to form a thick paste and then spread it over the stuck-on parts and clean it off.
Always use a soft sponge to clean your air fryer as anything more abrasive will scratch it. This will not only make your air fryer look less attractive, but it will allow bacteria to get into the grooves, which will make it harder to clean next time.
Follow these simple instructions to clean your air fryer and make sure that your food always tastes great. This will help your air fryer stay in good working order. These tips should help you get years of use out of your air fryer. Happy frying!